This is a recipe for low-carb, chocolate chip, cream cheese, pound cake. Now, say that 10 times fast! Although, if saying its name 10 times fast were a requirement for eating this little slice of heaven, you would do it, gladly. I promise.
I’ve been on this low-carb diet for a little over a year, and I keep researching and discovering new ways to make the foods I enjoy, without expanding my waistline. I came up with this little gem after looking online for something sweet to go with my coffee one night. I hope you enjoy it, and if you do, please come back here and tell me all about it!
Also? Here are a few baking tips from my kitchen to yours:
- When recipes say, “use room temperature eggs,” they don’t do it to torment your soul because you keep your eggs in the fridge and you just now thought of baking and therefore said eggs are not room temperature. No. They say that to allow the eggs to best incorporate into whatever deliciousness you’re preparing. Here’s a tip: Add hot water to a bowl and gently place the eggs in for about 3 minutes. Boom. Room temperature eggs.
- That bowl with the hot water and eggs can also serve double duty if you’re super lazy (like me) and often don’t think ahead when baking. Put a small plate on top of the bowl and then place the cream cheese and/or butter on the plate. A few minutes later, you won’t just have room temperature eggs, you’ll also have softened cream cheese and butter. You’re welcome.
- Last tip, don’t skip the salt in baking. It’s not going to make your baked treats tart or salty in any way. The salt actually helps to balance out all the flavors. It’s needed, I promise. The tasty treats you make will be that much better with a pinch of salt.
And hey, if you have any baking tips to share with me, please do so in the comments below!
Bon appetit, party people!
- 1½ cups Almond flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp of Salt (I used Kosher)
- ¾ cup Sugar substitute (whatever you like) or ½ cup regular sugar
- 4 Large Eggs (whole, room temp)
- 4 tbs softened Butter (not melted)
- 4 oz softened Cream Cheese (not melted, full-fat. DO NOT use low-fat)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ cup mini-Dark Chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet (mini) Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Using either an electric mixer or stand mixer on high, cream the butter with the sugar substitute until well-combined.
- Next, add the softened cream cheese. Take a moment to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Keep the mixer on high and blend until you can no longer see any white from the cream cheese.
- Once mixed, add in the room temperature eggs one-at-a-time, which helps to ensure a smooth blend, giving you a creamy, rich-tasting cake.
- Once all eggs have been incorporated, add the vanilla.
- Next, add all of the dry ingredients until everything is combined.
- Fold in the mini-Chocolate chips.
- Lastly, in a well-greased cake pan (I used an 8" round cake pan) or loaf pan, bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown, as shown above.
Did you enjoy this post? I invite you to subscribe via RSS or e-mail to receive all post updates, including delicious, easy-to-follow recipes!